2024 GSX-8R Overview
The Suzuki GSX-8R introduces an exciting new expression of sportbike appeal, performance, and riding pleasure. Controllable, agile, and designed to satisfy, whether riding around town or heading out for a sporty run through winding mountain roads on the weekend, the GSX-8R is destined to appeal to customers across a wide range of ages and levels of experience.
The GSX-8R joins the GSX-S series alongside its sibling GSX-8S, featuring distinctively Suzuki sportbike looks that excite the rider in anticipation of sport-oriented performance and optimal comfort.
The GSX-8R builds...
The NewSTANDARD OF SPORT
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Linear Stopping Power
Unmatched Control and Comfort
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System
Advanced Rider Aids
The GSX-8R is an exciting new Suzuki sportbike with a full fairing styled by the artist’s pen and refined by the wind tunnel. Propelled by Suzuki’s new-generation 776cc parallel-twin engine, the GSX-8R is fitted with SHOWA’s SFF-BP fork and matching shock for agile and sure handling. Superb ergonomics and a full suite of electronic rider aids place the GSX-8R at the pinnacle of the mid-size sportbike category.
GSX-8R riders will enjoy exceptional ergonomics that other mid-size sportbikes can’t match. Well-placed foot pegs, a well-padded seat, and forged aluminum separate handlebars place the rider in a sporty riding position. That mild, forward-leaning position is shielded from wind sounds and buffeting by the sleek fairing and wind tunnel-developed windscreen.
Sharp, controlled handling is a Suzuki sportbike standard so the GSX-8R uses SHOWA’s SFF-BP inverted fork and matching rear shock for precise action. The ABS-equipped** NISSIN® radial-mounted 4-piston brake calipers with dual 310mm front brake rotors provide sure and linear stopping power. Dunlop’s RoadSport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 at the front; 180/55ZR17 at the rear) were designed for the GSX-8R to deliver the right combination of agility and grip.
The GSX-8R’s compact 776cc parallel-twin engine uses a 270-degree firing order for strong torque production and is equipped with Suzuki’s exclusive Cross Balancer system for smooth operation. Suzuki’s Clutch Assist System (SCAS) smooths shifting and engine braking while shifting has never been easier with the standard Bi-directional Quick Shift system.
Another advantage the GSX-8R has over its competitors is the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) suite of electronic rider aids that include a three-mode Suzuki Drive Mode Selector and the four-mode Advanced Traction Control System* plus the popular Easy Start & Low RPM Assist systems. It easy to keep tabs on the GSX-8R through its full-color 5-inch TFT instrument panel which has the best format in its class.
Select from Suzuki’s popular Metallic Triton Blue, bright Metallic Matte Sword Silver, or bold Pearl Ignite Yellow paint scheme – each featuring the unique graphics and font motif from the GSX-8S that connect this new, mid-size sportbike to Suzuki’s legacy of performance.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
The GSX-8R’s new-generation 776cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a superb balance of smooth controllable torque-rich power from low RPM and freely revs up to its peak power output.
The 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides a power delivery and distinctive exhaust rumble like the 90-degree V-twin engine used in other Suzuki models.
The spaced nature of the engine’s power pulses enhances traction and contributes to the strong power output at extremely low speeds, making the GSX-8R easy to maneuver in slow traffic or through tight corners.
Suzuki Cross Balancer technology, patented by Suzuki and used for the first time on a production motorcycle, helps create a compact, lightweight design that delivers smooth operation.
The pistons were developed using FEM (Infinite Element Method) analysis to maximize strength and minimize weight.
The 84mm cylinder bores inside the aluminum die-cast cylinders are plated using Suzuki’s SCEM process. Originally developed for racing and proven on the track, the SCEM cylinder promotes better heat dissipation, reduces friction, and provides a consistent wear resistant seal to the pistons’ rings.
Dual, linked 42mm electronic throttle bodies use a newly configured Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) to provide an authentic response and feel to the rider’s throttle operation.
The GSX-8R has two 10-hole, long-nose, 49 PSI (343kpa) high-pressure-feed fuel injectors that maximize fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel consumption.
The 6.0L air cleaner box shape and intake pipe lengths were created using computer-aided design to help maximize peak power output plus strong torque production at low engine speed. Positioned under the seat, the air box size and shape contribute to the GSX-8R’s trim chassis.
The GSX-8R has a distinctive short muffler design that produces an exciting and unique exhaust note. Most of the exhaust system is located under the chassis in an optimal, centralized location that benefits handling.
- The stainless-steel 2-into-1 exhaust system uses a high flow, dual-stage catalytic converter inside the mid-pipe that helps satisfy worldwide emissions standards.
- From the mid-pipe, the exhaust flows into an under-chassis chamber that has a short new muffler design with an upswept end cap that slightly protrudes from the right side of the chassis.
The digital ignition fires iridium-type spark plugs that increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
A large capacity radiator effectively cools the parallel twin’s power output. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps stabilize coolant temperatures at low speed and stops.
The unique cooling system inlet control thermostat valve helps maintain consistent engine temperature and smooths the idle speed during warm-up. This helps stabilize combustion and contributes to reduced exhaust emissions.
Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on certain GSX-R models).
The six-speed transmission features gear ratios that deliver exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or when using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift system to shift without clutch operation.
The GSX-8R’s precise shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the ideal gear for the riding conditions.
- A sensor on the shift rod sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions.
The transmission’s output is managed by the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS). This system works like a slipper clutch by allowing a small amount of clutch slip for smoother downshifts. It also works as an assist clutch, increasing plate pressure under acceleration, but always keeps the clutch lever pull light and precise.
- This large-diameter, wet, multi-plate clutch uses a precise cable-activated release, providing the rider with a light pull that also has superb friction-point feel.
Riding on durable steel sprockets, a strong O-ring style drive chain contains lubrication pre-packed between the pins and rollers for quiet, reliable operation.
Designed around the compact parallel-twin engine and constructed with rugged steel pipe, the GSX-8R’s backbone style frame was developed to provide excellent straight-line stability, to contribute to nimble handling, and to perform well in the city, on twisty roads, and at highway speeds.
- The engine is suspended and precisely fit to the frame to create a rigid chassis that also provides the compliance required for sport riding.
- The frame and engine package helps create sporty chassis geometry with rider-friendly ergonomics.
The steel sub-frame has short and narrow seat rails that result in low and slim seating that helps riders maneuver the motorcycle and touch the ground at stops
Matched to the GSX-8R’s chassis geometry and suspension is a uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm that enhances vertical, lateral, and torsional rigidity to aid straight-line stability and controlled cornering.
Different than the components on the GSX-8S, the GSX-8R’s front fork and single-shock rear suspension were tuned to maximize performance and comfort when riding on city streets or twisty roads.
- The SHOWA-supplied SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) inverted fork has 41mm inner tubes with 5.1 inches (130 mm) of smooth travel that helps deliver a comfortable and controlled ride.
- The unique design of the SFF-BP fork eliminates the damping cartridge in one fork leg to hold an oil-bathed spring while increasing the size of the piston in the other leg, resulting in lighter overall weight with superb spring and damping characteristics.
- The link-type rear suspension with a SHOWA-supplied mono-shock is tuned for superb straight-line performance and corning agility, even when carrying a passenger.
- Rear wheel travel is 5.1 inches (130 mm).
- The shock’s cam-style spring preload adjuster is particularly useful when heading out to ride tandem or adding cargo.
The GSX-8R rides on 17-inch lightweight, cast aluminum wheels that look great and contribute to the bike’s nimble handling and sporty performance.
- Front rim size is 17 x 3.5 in., rear rim size is 17 x 5.5 in.
Dunlop’s Roadsport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 at the front and a wide 180/55ZR17 at the rear) are custom-engineered to perform optimally on the GSX-8R, providing great grip in dry or wet conditions, faster warm-up, and long tread life.
- These wheels and tires were developed to work in harmony with the GSX-8R’s chassis and suspension to help provide great grip, stability and nimble handling while providing a comfortable ride.
Dual front brakes with 310mm diameter discs and radially mounted NISSIN four-piston calipers provide strong and consistent stopping power.
The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm stainless-steel rear disc brake with a NISSIN single-piston caliper to help ensure controlled stops.
Both the front and rear brakes can be modulated by a compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** controller to match stopping force to the available traction.
The GSX-8R features a 57.7 in. (1,465 mm) wheelbase that helps contributes to straight-line stability. Additionally, the chassis geometry was tuned to ensure nimble handling and cornering ability, while keeping the motorcycle compact.
The GSX-8R features an upright, forward-leaning riding position that effectively distributes weight to the front and rear of the chassis while offering the rider comfort, particularly on long rides. The compact parallel-twin engine allows the rider’s foot pegs to be set in an ideal position, creating a mild sport riding position between the separate handlebars, footrests, and seat.
The GSX-8R is fitted with forged aluminum separate handlebars. The use of aluminum not only minimizes weight, but the pressure applied in the forging process also contributes to creating highly rigid components.
- The lower, more forward placement of the separate handlebars helps the rider lean over the bars in a weight-forward riding position that makes sporty rides more enjoyable.
- In addition to increased comfort and a more upright posture, these changes help make it easier for the rider to steer the front end with less effort.
The front brake lever features a multi-step adjuster that permits quick adjustment of the lever’s distance from the grip.
The GSX-8R’s fairing-mounted mirrors are designed and tested to enhance aerodynamic performance and wind protection. Their sharp design adds a sophisticated flair to the GSX- 8R’s modern, sporty styling. Being fairing-mounted, they are easy for the rider to visually acquire the mirror’s face, helping the rider identify objects behind the motorcycle while helping reduce eye fatigue.
The rider’s seat is designed for comfortable sport riding, delivering solid support for the rider. The rear edge of the seat is shaped to offer freedom of movement and is covered in a cover that provides positive grip.
- The GSX-8R’s seat height of 31.9 inches (810 mm) contributes to the sporty riding position and helps riders plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- Positioned higher so the passenger can see over the rider’s shoulder, the rear seat shape matches the GSX-8R’s styling but has ample padding.
- This separate pillion seat includes a hand strap for the passenger and can be replaced with an optional sport cowl for solo rides with a race-inspired style.
- Both seats are covered in a rugged, weather-resistant cover that provides a good balance between grip and smooth rider movement.
The painted front fender features a bold upright strut that extends upward toward its leading edge. In addition to adding strength and deflecting road debris from the inner fork tube, this strut contributes to the GSX-8R’s sporty appearance.
The 3.7-gallon (14L) fuel tank has a narrow rear section that flows into the front of the rider’s seat, creating additional clearance for the rider’s knees.
- The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank were engineered so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
The design goal of the GSX-8R was to create a modern interpretation of sportbike styling compelling enough to set a trend for an exciting new generation of motorcycles ready to carry the Suzuki brand into the future.
- The full fairing is a significant element of the GSX-8R’s appearance and is a departure from the modest cowl and radiator shrouds of the sibling GSX-8S.
Using a “Visual Structure” styling concept, the designers exposed the GSX-8R’s functional parts and painted them to focus on the visceral appeal of select structural elements and highlighting the mechanical beauty of the motorcycle.
- Highlights include details such as the separate handlebars, the painted seat rails and aluminum wheels, the short muffler design, and the slim rear fender.
Another styling concept of the GSX-8R is “Icon”. The designers respected Suzuki’s iconic GSX-R series design and over 35-year heritage of the series, even while working to create a thoroughly modern interpretation. One example of the tribute to the GSX-R’s iconic styling is the front fairing design.
Though not designed to support SuperSport use as it is on the GSX-R, the GSX-8R’s front fairing functionally directs the flow of air from the nose of the cowling and then out the sides. This helps reduces turbulence and contributes to a smoother riding experience.
- Though related to the GSX-R series in terms of design DNA, the GSX-8R is a fresh new appearance that implies the future of Suzuki sportbike design.
The windscreen for the GSX-8R was developed through extensive wind tunnel testing to help reduce rider fatigue on long rides by reducing wind sounds and buffeting.
As sleek and muscular as the GSX-8R’s fairing design is, it is also quite functional and incorporates street-going components.
- The nose of the fairing contains a stacked pair of hexagonal headlights that employ the bright, Mono-focus LED light technology that provides the rider clear and bright illumination of the road ahead.
- Supplied by Koito®, the independent, high- and low-beam headlights feature Mono-focus LED technology that shines light directly through a convex lens to brightly illuminate the road.
- Adding to the visibility of the motorcycle is a thin, compact LED position light above the headlights where its bright light adds to the unique appearance of Suzuki’s newest sportbike.
Other elements of the GSX-8R stylish bodywork include the full fairing being offset by the short, compact muffler outlet, exposed subframe, and slim tail section creating a compact body that emphasizes the parallel-twin engine.
The 2024 GSX-8R boldly arrives with a trio of body color choices:
- Metallic Triton Blue (YSF): This popular sparkling blue with silver logos, accents, and wheels presents a stately look on Suzuki’s newest sportbike.
- Metallic Matte Sword Silver (QKA): A muted shine covers the sparkling silver that contrasts the red accents, logos, and wheels.
- Pearl Ignite Yellow (QZY): There is no mistaking that a new sportbike has arrived when it is sporting Suzuki’s iconic yellow bodywork. The silver wheels match the exposed sub-frame, while the black graphics match the black sections of the bodywork.
The GSX-8R adopts the graphic and font motif from the GSX-8S. This connects this sportbike to Suzuki’s legacy of performance, but further emphasizes the “8R” moniker which resembles the endless loop of the infinity symbol.
Styling details extend to the engine as the clutch cover and magneto cover have dark-gray finishes that complement the GSX-8R’s body colors, while the SUZUKI name on the cover is in a contrasting, machined silver to bring attention to this modern engine.
The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) let GSX-8R riders optimize performance characteristics to best suit their riding style, level of experience, and riding conditions. This helps make the GSX-8R sportbike more predictable, and enjoyable on a spirited ride or commuting, and it always adds up to a more exciting, confident, and fun riding experience.
The GSX-8R’s S.I.R.S. suite includes the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), the Suzuki Traction Control System* (STCS) and the Bi-directional Quick Shift System (QS).
- The S.I.R.S. suite of rider aids also includes the Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, the Suzuki Easy Start, and Low RPM Assist systems for accurate and convenient motorcycle operation.
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS)
- S-DMS provides the rider with a choice of three different engine power output modes. Working in concert with the Traction Control System*, S-DMS permits peak power in each mode while changing the nature of the power delivery.
- These three modes (A, B, and C) provide the rider with a quick and effortless way to alter the GSX-8R’s power delivery characteristics to match his or her riding style or adjust to changing weather, road surface, or other conditions.
- Mode A (Active) is for active, sporty use that delivers the sharpest throttle response as the rider opens the throttle. Mode A’s torque characteristics are finely tuned to deliver exciting acceleration when hitting the throttle hard, such as when participating in track day events or enjoying a sporty run on clean, winding roads in good weather.
- Mode B (Basic) is for general, all-around riding, as it features softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as the rider opens the throttle. Settings are tuned to fit a wide range of riding styles and conditions, and to help make the bike more controllable in everyday riding situations.
- Mode C (Comfort) offers a softer throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics, with power increasing in a directly linear fashion as the throttle is opened. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces, or when the rider desires a relaxing, comfortable ride.
- Using the mode and select switches on the left handlebar, the rider can change S-DMS modes while riding. The mode settings are clearly displayed on the TFT instrument panel.
Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)*
- The four-mode STCS on the GSX-8R lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence by limiting rear wheel spin in a variety of riding conditions.
- STCS continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and transmission gear. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin by adjusting ignition timing and air delivery.
- The rider can select one of four modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF). The three active modes differ in terms of rear wheel spin sensitivity.
- Mode 1 is the lowest sensitivity – it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin and is best suited for good road conditions.
- Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than Mode 1 and is for average road conditions.
- Mode 3 is the highest sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than the other modes to virtually eliminate wheel spin, and is well-suited for poor or slippery road conditions, like wet and cold surfaces.
- OFF disengages all traction control features – the rider has sole control of the engine’s throttle and any resulting rear wheel spin.
- The STCS modes are displayed on the TFT instrument panel and can be changed on-the-fly, using the left handlebar switch. When the system is trimming power to prevent wheel spin, the TC icon on the instrument panel will illuminate and flash.
Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System
- The electronic throttle system uses the capability of the GSX-8R’s 32-bit, dual-processor ECM, and CAN-bus wire harness to convert throttle grip movement and sensor input into instantaneous and precise throttle plate movement in the two 42mm throttle bodies.
- This system also tunes throttle body action to best match each of the S-DMS modes. The result is a controllable, linear power delivery that responds faithfully to the rider’s intentions, whether commuting or enjoying a sporty ride on a winding road.
Bi-directional Quick Shift System (QS)
- This QS system allows the GSX-8R rider to shift up or down quickly and easily, without operating the clutch or throttle.
- To ensure smoother upshifts, QS automatically interrupts power delivery just long enough to produce smooth, almost uninterrupted acceleration. When decelerating, the system automatically opens the throttle valves just enough to increase RPM and match engine speed to the next-lower gear. The result is that this hands-free, automatic function combines seamlessly with engine braking to create a highly satisfying experience when downshifting.
- The bi-directional QS works seamlessly in concert with S-DMS to bring riders even greater riding enjoyment.
- Performance of the GSX-8R’s SACS-style, assist-and-slipper clutch ensures even smoother up- and down-shifts when using QS or manual clutch operation.
- An icon on the TFT instrument panel (between the speedometer and gear position display) indicates QS status. The QS system can be easily switched on or off using the left handlebar switch.
- The shift sensor on the shift rod sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions.
The Suzuki Easy Start System
- Easy Start allows the rider to easily start the engine with a single, momentary press of the starter button. In any weather condition or with any engine temperature, there is no need to hold down the starter button until the engine fires. Easy Start is managed by the ECM so that the starter motor automatically stops once the engine has started.
The Low RPM Assist System
- The Low RPM Assist system seamlessly increases engine speed to smooth the power delivery when launching from a standing start or riding at low speeds, which helps ensure better control and operation in stop-and-go traffic. The system also minimizes the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle during take-off.
S.I.R.S. Supporting Technologies
- Controller Area Network (CAN bus)
- Key to the operation of the S.I.R.S., the GSX-8R uses an interconnected information network instead of a conventional wiring harness.
- Because it requires fewer wires, this CAN bus wiring lets the vehicle be lighter and simpler and provides a way for the advanced components – such as the quick shifter – to have faster data transmission with the ECM.
- The CAN bus also provides a single connection point for diagnosing any errors that may occur throughout the entire network.
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- The 32-bit, dual-core ECM has a fast processor and specialized programming to efficiently operate the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies, ignition, and other electrical features on the GSX-8R.
The GSX-8R instrument panel uses a full-color, 5-inch TFT screen.
This high-quality instrument panel is set into the upper cowl above the handlebars, for good visibility and protection from road debris. The TFT panel features a scratch-resistant surface, and an anti-reflective coating that improves visibility in bright light.
The brightness adjustable TFT display delivers a wide range of useful information, keeping the rider fully aware of all the bike’s systems, settings, and real-time operating status.
- The display can be set for manual or automatic switching between Day Mode (white background) and Night Mode (black background). The display’s general brightness can be set to automatically adjust to the ambient light-level, or manually set to suit the rider’s preference.
The TFT panel provides operational information in an easily recognizable way:
- The left side of the panel has an analog tachometer animation with a sweeping red needle that accurately shows engine speed all the way up to the 9,500 RPM redline.
- The tachometer can be preset to flash at certain engine speeds, acting like a shift light (it can be set in 250 RPM increments within a range from 4,000 to 9,500 RPM).
- To the left, center of the panel is a digital speedometer, quick-shift system status indicator, and gear position indicator. Directly below the speed display is a fuel level gauge.
- The upper right portion of the panel displays the clock and S.I.R.S. feature information such as the Traction Control, and S-DMS settings.
- Depending upon the rider’s selection, the lower portion of the right side of the panel can display coolant temperature, ambient air temperature, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel consumption, and riding range.
- The panel can also be configured to display large pop-up alerts and warnings. These alerts can present service reminders or advise of an operational issue.
The main TFT panel is flanked by LED indicators, including:
- Left-turn signal indicator, MIL (Malfunction Indication Lamp), neutral indicator light, master warning indicator, high-beam indicator light, right-turn signal indicator, TC (Traction Control) indicator, low oil pressure warning light, ABS indicator, and coolant temperature warning light.
The charging system uses a durable, oil-cooled three-phase stator. A high-capacity, maintenance-free style battery and fuses are easily accessible under the seat.
- Charging output is 375W @ 5,000 RPM
The handlebar switches are designed for intuitive operation (so the rider can better maintain focus on the road).
- The right handlebar switch includes a poly-function engine stop-on-start rocker switch and a hazard flasher switch.
- The left handlebar switch was designed so selecting modes and making settings and adjustments for each of the advanced S.I.R.S. features simply involves operating the MODE button and the UP/DOWN switch (which recognizes long and short presses).
- Headlight control is literally a flip of the finger – the left index finger to be precise. Set on the forward side of the left handlebar switch, the headlight control lever easily toggles between low beam, high beam, and flashing the high beam.
The nose of GSX-8R’s fairing houses a stacked pair of hexagonal headlights that employ the bright, Mono-focus LED light technology that provides the rider clear and bright illumination of the road ahead.
- Supplied by Koito®, the independent, polygon-shaped, high- and low-beam headlights feature Mono-focus LED technology that shines light directly through a convex lens to brightly illuminate the road.
Adding to the visibility of the motorcycle is a thin, compact LED position light above the headlights where its bright light adds to the unique appearance of Suzuki’s newest sportbike.
The GSX-8R’s front LED turn signals are mounted in thin, arrow-shaped housings, extending outward from the middle portion of the fairing. Mounted to the side of the rear LED taillight, the rear turn signals use the same lightweight and low-draw LED illumination as the front signals.
With lower electrical draw than conventional lighting, the LED headlights, position lights, turn signals, and taillight complement the GSX-8R’s sharp, sportbike styling while improving both visibility and durability.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the GSX-8R, such as a solo seat cowl, smoked windscreen, billet clutch and brake levers, fuel tank and engine cover protectors, clip-on tank bags, plus a selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
- Engine776cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC parallel twin
- Bore x Stroke84.0 mm x 70 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)
- Compression Ratio12.8:1
- Fuel SystemFuel injection
- LubricationForce-fed circulation, wet sump
- ClutchWet, multi-plate type
- Transmission6-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveO-ring style drive chain, 525 x 118L
- Suspension FrontSHOWA inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearSHOWA link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontNISSIN, Radial-mount 4-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Brakes RearNISSIN, 1-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Tires Front120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity14.0 L (3.7 US gal.)
ColorMetallic Triton Blue, Metallic Matte Sword Silver, or Pearl Ignite Yellow
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark PlugIridium type x 2
- HeadlightMono-focus LED x 2
- Tail LightLED
- Overall Length2115 mm (83.3 in.)
- Overall Width770 mm (30.3 in.)
- Overall Height1135 mm (44.7 in.)
- Wheelbase1465 mm (57.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance145 mm (5.7 in.)
- Seat Height810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Curb Weight205 kg (452 lb.)
- Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)