New Additions to the V-STROM 800 Line Enhance Adventure Touring Options
Brea, CA (October 6, 2023) – Suzuki Motor USA (Suzuki) welcomes two new V-STROM 800 models that build on the momentum from the successful, off-road-focused adventure motorcycle, the V-STROM 800DE. The 2024 V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring leverage the DE’s stellar engine and chassis platform while focusing on the needs of more street-oriented riders.
These two new models- the V-STROM 800 and V-STROM 800 Touring extend the Suzuki V-STROM line, and host street and long-distance touring-focused features. Each appeals to riders looking for a performance-minded yet versatile middleweight motorcycle with adventure in mind. These new V-STROM 800 models along with the 800DE and 800DE Adventure offer four distinct options targeting the entire middleweight adventure target audience.
With the momentum from the dirt-focused Suzuki V-STROM 800DE’s introduction last November continuing to grow, the V-STROM 800 and V-STROM 800 Touring are distinctly engineered to provide superb comfort and performance for commuting, sport or long-distance touring, and occasional dirt road use.
The Suzuki V-STROM 800 features a modern Metallic Matte Steel Green color.
Highly capable at highway speeds or when exploring less-traveled routes, these new models are equally entertaining and practical to ride daily around town for fun, laying down miles across the continent on a tour, through spirited canyon rides, or for commuting to work.
Each is powered by the new-generation 776cc DOHC parallel-twin engine used in the V-STROM 800DE and the Suzuki GSX-8S. These new V-STROM models’ engine delivers a precise balance of smooth, controllable power at low engine speeds as well as a free-revving rush of performance when needed.
The V-STROM 800s’ rugged steel backbone frame takes advantage of the engine’s compact size, resulting in a chassis both nimble and steady. The V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring’s new SHOWA SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) inverted front fork smoothly controls front wheel movement, while the SHOWA rear shock absorber employs a remote, hand-operated hydraulic spring preload adjuster so suspension tuning for a passenger or cargo takes just seconds.
The suspension is tuned to maximize straight-line and cornering performance for street riding as well as light-duty off-road use. The front fork supports radially mounted NISSIN four-piston brake calipers that grasp a pair of 310mm stainless steel brake rotors. The front calipers and the rear caliper -with a 260mm rotor, are monitored by a compact ABS** system. This ABS system offers a choice of two different mode settings the rider may choose for differing road conditions. The ABS system’s mode 1 provides minimal anti-lock brake intervention, while mode 2 provides more anti-lock brake intervention.
New seven-spoke cast aluminum wheels are shod with a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear tire. Dunlop’s new D614F/D614 tubeless ADV tires were engineered exclusively for the V-STROM 800, and feature a new tread pattern and custom-engineered internal structure for superb pavement operation plus the ability to explore that new, unpaved road on occasion.
Like the V-STROM 800DE, a full-color, 5-inch TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel provides the rider access and on-the-fly control over the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) suite of advanced electronic features that include the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the Suzuki Traction Control System*, and Suzuki’s Bi-Directional Quick Shift system.
Ride almost any distance in comfort and control thanks to a wide, vibration-damping, tapered handlebar, a supportive seat, and rubber-padded footpegs.
To carry the items riders may need quick access to, the V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard 35L top case uses the V-STROM’s ignition key for locking the lid or quick removal of the case from the rear carrier.
2024 Suzuki V-STROM 800
Key V-STROM 800 Features:
- Created specifically for the V-STROM 800 are Dunlop’s new D614 tires with a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear that ride on new cast-aluminum tubeless wheels with seven distinctive, V-shaped spokes each.
- The V-STROM 800 has a modest seat height (32.5 in.) and a lower handlebar position than the 800DE to help provide increased comfort on longer rides.
- Engineered for long-distance touring comfort and everyday convenience, the steel frame, sub-frame, and uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm are supported by the new SHOWA SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) a gas-charged SHOWA shock absorber with a remote hydraulic rear spring preload adjuster and adjustable rebound damping force.
- The V-STROM 800 spring rates and damping force settings are tuned to maximize road performance and comfort.
- A tall and wide adjustable windscreen provides ample coverage for long rides and sits above Suzuki’s signature, compact Mono-focus LED headlights.
- The V-STROM 800’s angular bodywork retains Suzuki’s distinctive Adventure “beak” styling and is topped with modern graphics.
- The 2024 V-STROM 800 is offered in an understated yet modern Metallic Matte Steel Green with its own refined graphics.
2024 Suzuki V-STROM 800 Touring
Key V-STROM 800 Touring Specific Features:
- Riders will have quick access to items with the V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard 35-liter plastic top case that operates with the bike’s ignition key. The top case will hold most full-face helmets and unlock from the motorcycle in seconds.
- The V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard hand guards shield the rider’s hands from the elements.
- The V-STROM 800 Touring arrives in popular Glass Sparkle Black and will be available in Spring 2024.
A wide variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the V-STROM 800 and V-STROM 800 Touring. Accessories include plastic side cases, several top case options, engine guards, a center stand, low- and high-profile seats, heated hand grips, fog lamps, and more. The available Genuine Suzuki Accessory aluminum side cases and top cases have a sturdy locking system that uses a unique style key different from the motorcycle’s ignition key. Review the Suzuki Genuine Accessory catalog for information related to luggage on the V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring.
The V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring come with a 12-month limited warranty. Longer warranty coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.