2021 DR-Z50 Overview
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Powered by a reliable, 49cc, four-stroke engine, the DR-Z50 has plenty of torque to deliver the right level of controllable performance for a younger rider.
The DR-Z50’s engine has a smooth power band with peak power that can be controlled via the adjustable throttle limiter that allows supervising adults to control engine output to suit the rider’s ability.
Starting the DR-Z50 requires a simple push of the electric start button. Riders can also kick-start the bike, so a fun day of riding is always available.
Adult supervision is essential, so young riders get off to a safe and fun start to motorcycling. The DR-Z50 provides the security of a keyed ignition, so the engine can’t run unless an adult has switched it on.
Clean-burning four-stroke engine is EPA Emissions and California red sticker compliant.
Spark-arrestor equipped muffler is environmentally friendly, yet has a pleasant exhaust note.
The easy-to-use automatic clutch smoothly transmits power through the three-speed transmission, so beginning riders learn key-shifting techniques, while discovering the joy of riding.
Inverted front forks have a RM-Z-inspired design to produce enjoyable riding on a variety of terrain surfaces, with 3.8 inches of front wheel travel to absorb bumps.
Aggressive RM-Z-inspired styling with bright yellow bodywork and matching graphics let the rider enjoy a big bike look and appeal.
Don’t be fooled by the DR-Z50’s light weight: It has a durable steel frame and swingarm designed to carry a wide range of riders and can easily tackle a variety of riding conditions.
Low 22-inch seat height puts entry-level riders at ease. A slightly forward-leaning riding position allows for maximum rider mobility.
Strong braking performance is provided by front and rear drum brakes. Adjustable front brake lever fits a variety of different-sized hands for optimum young rider control.
The DR-Z50 is designed for use by children and off-road use only—do not use on public roads. Single rider only—weight limit 40 kg (88 pounds).
The DR-Z50 is not recommended for children under age seven. Parental supervision is required during operation. Rider must always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Ride safely and be thoughtful of others.
6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New Off-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR-Z50 families are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine49cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
- Bore x Stroke39.0 mm x 41.8 mm (1.53 in. x 1.64 in.)
- Compression Ratio9.7:1
- Fuel SystemMikuni VM13, single carburetor
- StarterElectric with back-up primary kickstarter
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchAutomatic clutch
- Transmission3-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveChain, DID 428DS, 78 links
- Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring
- Suspension RearSwingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontDrum brake
- Brakes RearDrum brake
- Tires Front2.50 – 10 33J, tube type
- Tires Rear2.50 – 10 33J, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity3.0 L (0.8 US gal.)
- ColorChampion Yellow No. 2
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark PlugNGK CR7HSA or DENSO U22FSR-U
- Overall Length1320 mm (52.0 in.)
- Overall Width580 mm (22.8 in.)
- Overall Height790 mm (31.1 in.)
- Wheelbase935 mm (36.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height560 mm (22.0 in.)
- Curb Weight54 kg (119 lb.)
- Warranty6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)