2021 Suzuki Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S.
2021 Suzuki Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. Overview
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Choose from a pair of new, two-tone paint schemes on the 2021 Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. – Candy Daring Red and Glass Sparkle Black or the Metallic Triton Blue and Glass Sparkle Black treatment with contrasting graphics. Both high-quality color treatments visually announce that this is a serious muscle cruiser and true to Suzuki’s performance heritage.
The deep, rich paint is flawlessly applied to a long, imposing muscle cruiser that’s unlike any other. From the distinctive headlight nacelle to drag-style handlebars and massive 240mm wide rear tire, this motorcycle is a class of one.
The M109R’s bodywork is sleek and purposeful from nose to tail and looks even sleeker when the optional tail cowl is on in place of the passenger seat.
The 109 cubic inch (1783cc), 54-degree, V-twin engine rumbles through a pair of large-diameter mufflers as it puts power through the shaft drive and down into the 240mm wide rear tire.
Similar to the brakes from a GSX-R1000R, the M109R’s radial-mounted, dual front brakes deliver sure stopping performance. The large-diameter inverted fork and the 240 mm wide rear tire give the bike a tough, aggressive stance that also delivers a smooth, controlled ride.
The 109 cubic inch (1783cc), eight-valve, DOHC, 54-degree, liquid-cooled, V-twin engine is designed to produce a massive tractable power and responsive torque.
Huge 4.4-inch (112mm) forged aluminum-alloy pistons. These are one of the largest reciprocating gasoline engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle while featuring a race-proven design to reduce friction and inertial mass.
Each of the large cylinders is lined with Suzuki's race proven Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances, and reduced weight.
Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), a compact dry sump lubrication system, provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position, and a lower center of gravity.
Suzuki's class-leading electronic fuel-injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low- to mid-range throttle response.
A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height, and creates a lower center of gravity.
A dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by a powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
A three-piece, 9.5-liter volume airbox (with dual intakes) includes two pleated fabric air cleaner elements located on both sides of the engine.
The 2-1-2 stainless steel blacked-out exhaust system features Suzuki's digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-twin sound.
Sculpted engine features blacked-out engine covers that complement the visually striking cylinders with symmetrical, highlighted cooling fins.
A wide-ratio, constant-mesh five-speed transmission features a high fifth gear ratio for relaxed highway cruising.
Low-maintenance shaft drive is clean-running and has minimal torque reaction as it efficiently transmits power to the massive 18-inch rear tire.
A high-tensile steel double cradle frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush, smooth ride.
The massive, low-profile 240/40 x 18 is the widest rear tire ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle.
Blacked-out, inverted front forks feature race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes and provide 5.1 inches of smooth wheel travel.
Cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive linkage and a single rear shock absorber; adjustable spring preload to suit rider and passenger weight.
Twin front fully floating disc-brakes with dual-piston calipers and a single-disc rear brake with a single dual-piston caliper are ready to haul the bike down from speed.
Flat-bend, drag-style handlebars are mounted on pull-back risers to be positioned within a short distance from the seat to improve the rider/machine interface, aiding comfort and control.
The long-stretch fuel tank holds a full 5.2 gallons of fuel (4.9 gallons for California model).
The tank-mounted analog speedometer also features an LCD odometer, dual trip meters, a fuel gauge, and a clock.
Instrument cluster including a digital tachometer, gear position indicator, and LED indicator lights is integrated into the top of the headlight cowl.
Both rider and passenger seats are made for comfort, as they allow freedom of movement, accommodate riders of different sizes, and are well cushioned.
A sporty solo-seat cover (included) can be quickly swapped for the passenger seat for an even more aggressive look or for use on solo rides.
The M109R B.O.S.S. (Blacked Out Special Suzuki) features the following:
- Blacked-out exhaust system, clutch cover, magneto cover, cylinder head covers, air cleaner cover, and final drive case.
- Blacked-out handlebars, clutch and brake levers, handlebar switch cases, rearview mirrors, fuel tank/instrument cover, front and rear wheels, front and rear brake calipers, frame side covers, rear fender stays, sidestand, steering stem clamps, and front forks.
- Clear tail light and turn signal lenses.
Genuine Suzuki accessory options for the M109R B.O.S.S. include a black finish engine guard set and trim-fitting, functional saddlebags.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Boulevard owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
- Engine1783cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 54˚, V-twin
- Bore x Stroke112.0 mm x 90.5 mm (4.409 in. x 3.563 in.)
- Compression Ratio10.5:1
- Fuel SystemFuel injection with SDTV
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchWet multi-plate type
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveShaft drive
- Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearLink style, solo shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontDisc brake, twin
- Brakes RearDisc brake
- Tires Front130/70R18 M/C (63V), tubeless
- Tires Rear240/40R18 M/C (79V), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity19.5 L (5.2 US gal.) / 18.5 L (4.9 US gal.) CA model
- ColorMetallic Triton Blue / Glass Sparkle Black or Candy Daring Red / Glass Sparkle Black
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark PlugNGK CR8EK or DENSO U24ETR x 2
- Headlight12V 60/55W H4
- Tail LightLED
- Overall Length2450 mm (96.5 in.)
- Overall Width875 mm (34.4 in.)
- Overall Height1130 mm (44.5 in.)
- Wheelbase1710 mm (67.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Seat Height705 mm (27.8 in.)
- Curb Weight347 kg (764 lb.)
- Warranty12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- ExtensionLonger warranty coverage period with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)