2020 DR200S Overview
The 2020 Suzuki DR200S is the affordable motorcycle that can tackle a dirt trail or be a street commuter, and get 88 mpg with its reliable, 199cc engine, complete with push-button electric-starting, telescopic front forks, a 3.3-gallon tank, and abundant torque. This makes the DR200S the intelligent choice for trail enthusiasts and commuters alike. With sharp, competition-like styling, new Solid Iron Gray bodywork, and a reasonable 33.3-inch seat height, this 278-pound cycle delivers the agile maneuverability and fun Suzuki is known for.
*Suzuki's DR200S' fuel economy...
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Ultra-reliable, 199cc, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine provides just the right amount of torque and horsepower to power your ride.
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, weight reduction, and superior heat transfer.
Push-button electric start ﬁres up the bike consistently and is powered by a compact and reliable maintenance-free battery.
Digitally-controlled CDI ignition system is engineered to match ignition timing throughout the engine rpm range.
Five-speed transmission has gear ratios suitable for a wide variety of riding conditions.
Cable-operated, quick-action, rack-and-pinion clutch design ensures light and positive operation.
Engine power routes to the rear wheel via a low-maintenance, long-life sealed chain.
Influenced by the high-performance style of the RM-Z series, the ergonomic design makes the DR200S a better fit to a wider range of riders for the dirt and the pavement.
Compact frame is made of sturdy high tensile strength steel pipe.
Both the telescopic front fork and single shock absorber rear suspension, with adjustable spring preload, deliver 8.1 inches of wheel travel at both the front and the rear.
Front disc and rear drum brakes deliver reliable stopping power.
The durable front and rear tires with special tread patterns are designed for smooth riding both on and off the pavement.
Backward-folding rearview mirrors, gearshift, and brake levers help reduce damage from obstacle impact.
Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact, maintenance-free battery.
A 60/55-watt H4 halogen headlight helps you ride on into the night.
The tail light and turn signals match the sleek style of the seat and bodywork.
The road-legal lighting is complemented with rubber-mounted turn signals and horn.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR200S owners are available, including a selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine199cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke66.0 mm x 58.2 mm (2.60 in. x 2.29 in.)
- Compression Ratio9.4:1
- Fuel SystemMikuni BST31SS, single carburetor
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchWet multi-plate
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveChain, DID 520V, 112 links
- Suspension FrontTelescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearLink type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontDisc brake
- Brakes RearDrum brake
- Tires Front70/100-21 M/C 44P, tube type
- Tires Rear100/90-18 M/C 56P, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity13.0 L (3.4 US gal.) / 12.0 L (3.2 US gal.) CA model
- ColorSolid Iron Gray
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark PlugNGK DR8EA or DENSO X24ESR-U
- Headlight12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail Light12V 21/5W
- Overall Length2155 mm (84.8 in.)
- Overall Width805 mm (31.7 in.)
- Overall Height1140 mm (44.9 in.)
- Wheelbase1405 mm (55.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance255 mm (10.0 in.)
- Seat Height845 mm (33.3 in.)
- Curb Weight126 kg (278 lb.)
- Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)