2019 DR650S Overview
The 2019 Suzuki DR650S is quite possibly the best all-around, dual-purpose motorcycle available today. Every DR650S is quality built by Suzuki and features a reliable, 644cc, oil-cooled, four-stroke, single engine carried in a strong steel, semi-double cradle frame. The telescopic fork and link-style rear suspension can tackle tough trails or urban roads. So a variety of riders can enjoy this motorcycle, the seat height can be significantly reduced. Strong aluminum, spoke-style rims carrying tires that can handle the street or dirt are fitted so riders can tackle pavement or trails with...
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
The compact and powerful, 644cc, SOHC, four-stroke, air- and oil-cooled engine features the Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS). Piston-jet cooling and an engine oil cooler create consistent performance in a variety of conditions.
The engine is tuned with an emphasis on performance in the low- to mid-rpm range, while a gear-driven balancer shaft minimizes vibration for a comfortable ride.
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, light weight, and excellent heat dissipation.
Digitally-mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate spark timing for efficient combustion.
A convenient electric starter (supplemented with a zero-maintenance automatic decompression system) provides easy, quick starting.
Large Mikuni 40mm carburetor provides a smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
The stainless steel exhaust system is light and corrosion resistant and is tuned specifically for strong low- and mid-range power.
Easy-pull, rack-and-pinion activated clutch provides precise operation and feel.
A smooth-shifting five-speed transmission is complemented by a sealed O-ring drive chain.
A lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame provides agile handling on- and off-road.
Innovative, height-adjustable* front fork provides smooth and progressive action. Large diameter, thin-walled tubes reduce unsprung weight, while maintaining high rigidity.*Seat and suspension height is adjustable by your Suzuki Dealer, using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit.
A link-type rear suspension with piggyback style, aluminum-body shock absorber provides stable performance. The height adjustable* shock features adjustable spring preload and compression damping to personalize the suspension for rider, load, and terrain.
Front and rear suspensions provide generous 260mm (10.2-inch) wheel travel for superb performance over rough terrain.
Lightweight 290mm (11.4-inch) front floating disc brake with two-piston caliper and 240mm (9.4-inch) rear disc brake with two-piston caliper provide reliable stopping power.
Aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are standard and built for durability and strength.
The wheels are fitted with 90/90-21 front and 120/90-17 dual-sport rear tires that offer excellent on- and off-road traction.
Hollow-type wheel axles and an aluminum, beam-style swingarm reduce unsprung weight.
A long, comfortable seat, aluminum footpegs, and grab handles allow you to carry a passenger with ease.
DR650S is powered by a lightweight and compact, low-maintenance battery.
A fully equipped lighting system comes with a bright 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
Seat height may be lowered by 40 mm (1.6 inches) using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit. The kit includes a shorter side stand to match the chassis height adjustment.
Further seat height reduction is possible with the fitment of the Suzuki Accessory low-profile seat.*Seat and suspension height is adjustable by your Suzuki Dealer, using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit.
Other Genuine Suzuki Accessories include a cargo rack and skid plate, and a selection of Suzuki apparel is available.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
- Engine644cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke100.0 mm x 82.0 mm (3.93 in x 3.23 in)
- Compression Ratio9.5:1
- Fuel SystemMikuni BST40, single carburetor
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchWet multi-plate
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveChain, DID525V9, 110 links
- Suspension FrontTelescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearLink type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontDisc brake, single floating rotor
- Brakes RearDisc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Tires Rear120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity13.0 L (3.4 US gal.), 12.0 L (3.2 US gal.) CA model
- ColorSolid Black
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark PlugNGK DR8EA or DENSO X24ESR-U
- Headlight12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail Light12V 21/5W
- Overall Length2255 mm (88.8 in.)
- Overall Width865 mm (34.1 in.)
- Overall Height1195 mm (47.0 in.)
- Wheelbase1490 mm (58.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance265 mm (10.4 in.)
- Seat Height885 mm (34.8 in) With optional lowering kit: 845 mm (33.2 in.)
- Curb Weight166 kg (366 lb.)
- Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)