2018 RMX450Z OverviewPowerful, torquey fuel-injected 449cc engine. Slim, aggressively styled chassis and bodywork. Electric starter. Full-function, two-mode instrument cluster. Enduro lighting. Additional chassis protection. Sharing core technologies with Suzuki’s Championship-winning open-class RM-Z450, the RMX450Z rewrites the rules for serious trail riders.
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Fuel-injected engine is based on Suzuki's winning open-class motocrosser; the RM-Z450.
The RMX450Z is EPA Emissions compliant.
Trail-ready features include an electric starter powered by a compact battery (plus kick-start back-up), a coolant reservoir tank and an engine protector plate.
Enduro ready, full-function instrument cluster includes a low fuel level warning light.
The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance.
Aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame with high-performance SHOWA fork and piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
Competition-developed seat and slim bodywork creates a controllable, ergonomic riding position.
New for 2018, the racing-inspired bodywork and graphics includes a sturdy steering stem that is anodized black, complementing the gold fork leg finish.
Black anodized EXCEL aluminum rims are ready to withstand rugged off-road conditions.
449cc 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected DOHC powerplant is based on the high-performance and reliable RM-Z450.
Minimal differences as compared to the RM-Z450 motocross engine includes a modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
A larger magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights. The increased mass also aids traction.
Advanced fuel-injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, and superb reliability.
The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from debris.
The coolant reservoir tank has a specially located filler cap for easy access.
Strong 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios selected to suit various situations from steep trails to open terrain.
The aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and durability.
RM-Z450-derived trail-ready suspension uses high-performance SHOWA forks with full adjustability.
Aluminum, link-style swingarm is descended from the RM-Z line and uses a fully adjustable SHOWA piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM-Z series' renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to black EXCEL aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes.
High-impact, black plastic fork leg, plus rear brake rotor and caliper protectors shield these components from trail obstacles.
The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration better than conventional aluminum handlebars.
Bright 35W headlight is smoothly incorporated into the front number plate.
Trim, low-draw LED taillight is neatly tucked under the lip of the rear fender.
The full-function, dual (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster is in a durable, ultra-compact housing.
Sport mode simply shows timer, trip meter, average speed and tire-diameter correction (to reduce information during spirited riding or competition).
Standard mode also shows speed, time, two trip lengths and voltage.
The instrument’s integrated tire diameter calculator allows precise fine tuning for different tires to ensure accuracy of the speed and distance displays.
Champion Yellow bodywork (including a yellow rear fender) with race team-inspired graphics package.
Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on its blue top surface, aids rider control.
6-month unlimited mileage limited-warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New Off-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for RMX450Z owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke96.0 x 62.1 mm (3.78 x 2.40 in.)
- Compression Ratio11.6: 1
- Fuel SystemFuel Injection, 41mm throttle body
- StarterElectric with back-up kick starter
- LubricationSemi-dry sump
- ClutchWet multi-plate
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveChain, DID 520MXV, 114 links
- Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Suspension RearLink type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload & damping force
- Brakes FrontDisc brake, single rotor
- Brakes RearDisc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front80/100-21 M/C 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear110/90-18 M/C 64M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity6.2 L (1.6 US gallons)
- ColorChampionship Yellow with black/blue accents
- IgnitionElectronic Ignition (CDI)
- Spark PlugNGK CR8EIB-10
- Headlight12V 35W
- Tail LightLED
- Overall Length2185 mm (86.0 in.)
- Overall Width840 mm (33.1 in.)
- Overall Height1265 mm (49.8 in.)
- Wheelbase1485 mm (58.5 in)
- Ground Clearance320 mm (12.6 in)
- Seat Height950 mm (37.4 in)
- Curb Weight123.5 kg (272 lbs.)
- Warranty6-month limited warranty (extension and other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection)
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)